Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Comfortably Numb

Some people take comfort in food, I take comfort in music. Only during times when I'm really depressed can I not seek solace in music.

Today I plan to be completely comfortable. I'm just going to let the music take me away. I'm not even sure I care where it takes me, though away from here would be nice. I don't think it has that kind of power though.

The albums that take away the stress vary for me, depending on the time of my life and who holds the reigning postion in my collection. So it's rather obvious that the Moody Blues are the band transporting me to la la land today.

Over the years I've lost myself in the voices of Danny Elfman, Andy Bell and Elvis Costello...today Justin Hayward will take me away from the crap that is my life and each day more crap appears.

It also dawned on me that most of my favorites don't have many videos or dvds out. Duran Duran only has the one and it costs way too much money at this point. Erasure has 1...ONE!! WTF! The Moody Blues 4 and Justin Hayward 1. Yay Moody Men!

OK..so todays viewing will include Justin Hayward Live in San Juan Capistrano, Moody Blues - Hall of Fame (which I prefer to Red Rocks) and then I'll dig out some VHS of Elvis Costello, cos I think I could stand to watch A Case of Song, plus I miss Mr. Elvis Krall. Well not Elvis Krall..but the snarky part of that man, the man that's hiding now.

Then again, maybe I'm not going to watch anything, my DVD player is being screwy. It doesn't help matters that it's less than 20 degrees out and my room never gets warm. Grrr I guess my solace will come from VH-1 Classic. They damn well better play a block of Moody Blues videos.

Or maybe I'll just go through all my mp3s and randomly listen to stuff.

Did I mention that crap happens and it always happens to me?

0 comments: