Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Costello and Elfman at the Oscars

Well they will be, I'm sure of that. Both are nominated for their works. How exciting, but if the Globes are any indication, neither of them will walk away from the ceremony with a statuette.

Grrr

Elvis Costello and T Bone Burnett are nominated for the song "Scarlet Tide" from Cold Mountain, which is sung by Alison Krauss. And since "Into the West" from Lord of the Rings took the best song at the Globes, I'm not holding out on that one. Sadly I haven't heard any of the songs nominated, but I'll be holding out for my hunny. Hey, maybe Krallomort will get jealous of hubby's success and ditch him! (allow me to dream please...women never ditch Elvis...he ditches them)

Mr. Elfman sadly has been nominated for best score, for Big Fish. Big Fish getting completely ignored with this one exception at the Oscars. A sad sorry shame, since this was the most glorious film I've ever seen, and by far Tim Burton's best movie EVER.

But as I was saying, since this is a Lord of the Rings year, there's no hope for Elfman beating out Howard Shore, for best score. Even marriage to Fonda, won't help my sexy redhead in that department.

Pirates of the Carribean is up for a few awards for technical stuff, and Johnny is up for one too, which he won't win either. Grrrrr. I want my Johnny to have a statuette.

So now I just want to know, what the hell this Scarlet Tide song sounds like. Cos I never heard of it!

0 comments: