Thursday, January 29, 2004

Making Mix CDs

I love making mix cds, but I've been really uninspired lately for themes. It's no fun to randomly toss songs onto a cd anymore. That's what you do when you first get a cd burner. Even when you make mixes for a band, say Oingo Boingo, you get tend to go overboard. I had about 20 mixes of Oingo Boingo music. (they were the band of the moment when I got my burner back in 2000)

After you have the burner for awhile you become more creative with what you put on mixes. That's when you discover places like Art of the Mix and start carefully keeping track of everything. I have most of my mixes posted there, and I keep them in a notebook. Just in case, goofy yeah, but you never know.

I'm really sad that there aren't and mix swaps going on. Though it's really disgusting, everytime you participate in one of these, there's someone that doesn't send out there mix. I've tried it twice, it doesn't work. Somehow you're going to lose out. It kinda irks me too, because some people really put a lot into making the discs. Granted it's only a few bucks down the drain, but still. It costs less then 2 dollars when you break it down to do a CD swap, maybe a few pennies more if you do really nice artwork, or are from Canada.

Of course, that's not the point. The point is, I can't think of any good themes. I'm about to sort through my mp3 collection and bring more of my cds to the hard drive, so now would be the greatest time to make a few mixes. I just need some inspiration.

0 comments: