Friday, January 30, 2004

Erasure in the Studio

My boys in Erasure are hard at work on a new album. Can I get a Squee from the peanut gallery? There are about five or ten bands that I keep a close watch on and three or four that I really really like to know every last move they make, Erasure falls under the last category.

I send a friend of mine in Chicago to meet them, so I could have an autographed copy of their last studio album, Other People's Songs.

Right now Vince, who is the brains in the band, is keeping a diary of their recordings and posting blurbs over at their official site. From past fanzines that I have, I've learned that if you want a hilarious account of things, let Vince Clarke tell you about it. If you don't believe me, peruse the website, they are keeping some of the old fanzines on file on the site. I hope they get some of the cartoons that were included up, they were hilarious.

So who knows when the album will be finished, these guys are slow, but not as slow as some. (coughs...Duran Duran....chokes...Moody Blues) It's definitely something to look forward too. My hope is that the new album will be ready for winter release, but I've learned not to get my hopes up too high.

This past year we had two albums from them and a DVD so I'm not complaining. OK, yes I am, because I still haven't been able to find that DVD in a store, and it has several videos on it that I haven't seen. (Thank you Vh-1 for not playing good music anymore) I'm a bit behind on buying my Erasure stuff. I still need 2 of the singles boxed sets and EEEP another concert DVD, all of which have to be specially ordered. Grumble Grumble Grumble.

So it looks like this is going to be a good year for new music, much better than last year, where Other People's Songs by Erasure, Reality by David Bowie and December by the Moody Blues were the best things I found to purchase.

0 comments: