Thursday, January 15, 2004

Mixes done...next step dejunking

OK, so I didn't post the Costello mix at Art of the Mix. I think it's just a pain since it's all one artist (and it's two discs). So with that finished, I have one thing left to do, besides work on Man Out of Time and that's clean up.

I'm one of those people that likes to have Christmas up until Epiphany etc. so now's the right time to take the tree down. I'm going to miss it terribly. I wonder where I'll put the Moody Blues "December" ornament. I don't want to pack it away. I also don't want to lose it.

So hopefully I'll get that done today. Lord knows I'd like to get something done today. Anything done today besides Man Out of Time. (Apparently that's all I work on these days) I'm getting scared of getting into a rut where the story is concerned. It's about 184 pages now. I think I'll do a happy dance when I hit page 200. That will be quite a milestone I think.

It's the dejunking thing that still scares me. There's so much crap I should get rid of; old mix cds, posters that are falling apart, (I had to throw away a Monkees poster I've had nearly all my life at the beginning of the great de-junk...oh how that hurt) shoes..stuff like that.

Being a packrat doesn't make this easier. I can always rationalize a reason to keep things. I love my stuff, what can I say?

What makes things harder is the age of my house. It was built around 1900 and had an addition put on sometime in the 50's I think. The closets are only a few inches wide. (There's truly no place for clothes to go) I'm always jealous of people with walk in closets. I want one of my very own someday. (that and an LCD monitor)

So I've got 2 things working against me; no space and lots of stuff. It makes the de-junking so much more fun.

0 comments: