Saturday, January 03, 2004

Early Morning Blues and Greens

I wonder if anyone will recognize that song title. It's been a very weird few days for me. So I've pulled out some old cds. I mean really old cds. And have been listening to them to cheer me up.

So I've got the Monkees on, and I've been listening to their stuff for days now, in between some Justin Hayward and Moody Blues. It feels weird to listen to them, even Headquarters, which incidently is where this song came from.

All of it makes me think and wish I could go back, maybe not to 1986, but sometime then and change things or change myself. I think I would have done my whole life differently if I had a chance. I'd never change the music I love though, just the people that surrounded me.

It's taken me too long to realize that I'm the type of person that prefers to be alone. I thrive on it. The fewer close friends I have the better. I think there are 2 people that fall into the circle of "close" friends and one that is almost on that same level..and one other...that just abandoned me after nearly 20 years of friendship.

Gee, I didn't know I was feeling this melancholy today.

I guess it's that time when my want list is expanding but I have little to take care of those wants.

::sigh::

I never thought I'd have to deal with this situation twice in two years. I can't even blame myself for this one, except that I dreadfully wanted a job close to my family, and look at where it's gotten me. Nowhere and fast.

My only accomplishments lately have all centered around the Moody Blues. Having found Photobucket. I now have a place to host some of my images for free. Squee! Though you can give them a donation to keep the site going. Woot! Very nice.

As for Man Out of Time, I'm still working on it, but it's not coming along as quickly as before. Maybe that's because I know where I want the story to go and my characters tend to flow more freely to the page when they decide.

It seems I'm at a roadblock in every aspect of my life.

0 comments: