Wednesday, January 28, 2004

And In Music News Today

Agnetha Faltskog has a new album in the works. This will be her first album in 17 years. I'm kinda looking forward to hearing it.

I have one of the two solo albums she's done; Eyes of a Woman, that has the Hayward penned The Angels Cry on it. (Just to let you know, that cd was bought long before my Moody obsession)

Of the two women in ABBA I have to say I like her voice the least, but I will check out her new album because of all the prefabricated vocalists in the industry today, I'd rather listen to her.

But wait, I'm not saying she has a bad voice. I think the thing that always irked me about her singing was that she almost sounded monotone. If you heard the two versions of The Angels Cry, you'd understand. There's a certain lack of emotion to her version. Annie Haslam's version is far superior, partially because you can hear Mr. Hayward on her version, but mostly because Annie has a stronger voice.

Agentha has had some wonderful songs after ABBA though. She recorded a beautiful duet with Peter Cetera that appears on his Greatest Hits CD called I Wasn't the One (Who Said Goodbye). There is also the single Wrap Your Arms Around Me.

So all in all, something to look forward too this spring. Early reports had the album being released in March, but since she's just signed a record deal with Warner I'd probably say it's going to be a little later than that.

0 comments: