Saturday, January 17, 2004

Odd things that happen when listening to your playlist on shuffle

I was working on Man Out of Time, or rather reading it last night when my WMP began to play Elton John's Sacrifice. This is by far my favorite more recent song by Sir Elton. It was also a big inspiration for one the stories I wrote about four years ago.

That song is prominent in the first fanfic I wrote about Greg Proops, back in 2000. The Story was called Maybe I'm Amazed. The link is to the original version of the story. I did some edits awhile ago, but I don't remember where I posted it. I think it might be here. If you click on that link, I apologize for the pop ups that will spring into existence. It's a free tripod account...and it's full of pop ups. ARGH! I know I posted both versions at some point, I just can't remember where each version is. Sad day for me, I guess.

It's been a long time since I thought about that story. For the most part, when I finish something, the characters leave me, unless there's something I need to finish or if the story begs for a sequel. That doesn't happen often though, I've only written 3 sequels; We Close Our Eyes was the sequel to this one. The other stories that had sequel's were Such Unlikely Lovers who's sequel was Brilliant Mistake. There was also New Horizons with the sequel of Want to Be With You. I don't have either of these stories posted on a site though. I think the last two are lurking in my Live Journal in the memories section, but it would be so hard to find all the posts, I won't even bother to direct you. If you want to read them, leave a comment and I'll send the files to you.

0 comments: