Thursday, December 27, 2007

Where's My Christmas Music?

I hate that the day after Christmas, the radio stops playing holiday songs. WTF. Have none of you heard of the 12 days of Christmas. The Christmas Season lasts from Dec 25 through Epiphany, but because money is the only thing that matters in this miserable, atheistic world we live in, you get one day and that's it. Oh you get the 30 days before the holiday to be made crazy, but you are only allowed to celebrate for 48 hours if you are lucky.

Wankers.

Up until the 1900's people celebrated through 12th Night. Christmas was a season. Decorations didn't come down the second the clock chimed midnight, ringing in Dec 26th.

Well people, I can tell you, my tree will be up til almost February. I don't like to lose site of Christmas. I love my tree. I love the holiday season. I hate that it's been spoiled by big business that thinks of it as just a special time for sales to increase. It's more than that. It's always been more than that, but we've ruined it. We've turned it into a shopping season and the real reason we celebrate Christmas has disappeared underneath all the wrappings.

Christmas is about friendship, family and love. I guess those things just aren't important in the modern society. Oh and the religious aspect of the holiday...god forbid that gets mentioned.

~shakes head~

We are a sad lot of people. A very sad lot of people

0 comments: