Saturday, December 29, 2007

Reissues! ARGH!

Russ mentioned that the Rhino reissues of Elvis Costello's back catalog are slowly going out of print.

FUQUA!

I think I'm missing at least one of them. So today I have to sit in my pile of CDs to determine which ones I have and which ones I need.

EC has had his material reissued 3 times in the last two years and the last reissue happened less than a year after Rhino finished their superb reissue. I don't want to lose out on having all the spectacular double discs.

It's like the few Moody Blues discs on my wish list. I have every actual Moody Blues disc, but the ones on my wish list are those from the latest reissues that have unreleased tracks. It's so nice of the guys not to release the reissues in the US, btw, when its the US fans that have given them a steady paycheck for the last 20 + years with their tours. Thanks guys!

So now I know what discs will be coming off the wish list first. The Costello ones.

Damn! That wasn't how I planned it.

0 comments: