Sunday, December 30, 2007

Walmart = Hell On Earth

I went to Walmart today for the first time since the pre-Thanksgiving rush of insanity. I have to say, I wish I hadn't. The place is an insane asylum. Even with most registers open, I had a half hour wait to get out of the damn store.

ARGH! Only that wasn't the word that was spilling from my lips while I waited.

An older gentlemen and I had bets going as to when we'd make it out of the store. I was thinking sometime after New Years Day might be the soonest.

Seriously I was in the store for almost 2 hours!

I'm never in Walmart that long! EVER!!

I was there mostly for groceries too, because for my lunches, which are usually South Beach Wraps or Low-Cal frozen dinners, their prices can't be beat. So it wasn't if I was returning stuff or looking for a good deal. I did find a gorgeous winter coat that looks much like my old quilted jacket, and it was only $30! So yay!

But it wasn't really worth the aggravation. I literally was reciting the retail employees mantra that I used to use when I worked for Kaufmann's back when I was just out of college, which is, "It's not polite to kill people." That's a mantra that I usually only use during the 4 weeks prior to Christmas. Apparently I'm going to have to extend its usage for another week.

GAH!

At least I shouldn't have to go back there for another 2 weeks

0 comments: