Sunday, December 16, 2007

I Can't Forget

Today is a date that will stick in my mind forever. Last year in the evening, I sat with my most beloved kitty on my lap as she breathed her last.

Misty was the cat that was supposed to my mother's but she became mine, much to my chagrin, but I loved her with all my heart. She was like a child to me. Knowing that she suffered from feline leukemia and that I could do nothing to make her better made me feel guilty. I still weep when I think of her. I worry that she didn't know that I loved her so very much, because when she was bad kitty, which wasn't often, she got a swat on the backside. I feel guilty for all those smacks that should have been cuddles.

100_0443

100_0144


I hope wherever she is, and I'm sure it's kitty heaven, that she knows her mama loved her so much, and if I could give her one more cuddle I would make sure it lasted days and days.

0 comments: