Wednesday, December 26, 2007

And So Yesterday Was Christmas

And now it's all over. All the hard work, all the running, and the day is over. It didn't even have the decency to last any extra time. Nope, it lasted for the same 24 hours that every other day of the year lasts, and just like most children at the end of the day, I feel let down. Not because of anything I didn't get, or because anything that happened, just because.

Why does it all have to be over in the blink of an eye? Why does real life have to creep back in and take over. Even though I found myself sitting in this chair at the same time yesterday, there was a sense of accomplishment to everything I did yesterday. Today it's all old hat.

~sigh~

All the cooking is done.

A good many of the cookies and goodies are eaten. (Oh lordy....I'm not stepping on the scale for a month now)

All the presents are open.

It's back to work today.

~bigger sigh~

Norman Rockwell didn't think of the day after when he made his perfect images.

It's time for the post-Christmas depression to set in.

Yay! Just what I always wanted. I'm sure I'll get over it. It's a yearly thing. I'm used to it by now. But why do the good feelings only last one day out of 365?

0 comments: