Friday, December 21, 2007

Top 5 On Friday - Week 155

From Music Memoirs

Top 5 albums released in 2007 (In your opinion)

1. Paul McCartney - Memory Almost Full
No ifs, ands, or buts about this one.



2. Nick Lowe - At My Age
I'm always happy when Nick puts out a new record. I'm even happier when it kicks butt, and this one does.



3. Erasure - Light At The End Of The World.
Words cannot express how much I love this album. It's one of this synth pop duo's best in recent years. I rank it up there with I Say I Say I Say, which is my 2nd favorite Erasure album.



4. Siouxsie - Mantaray
It's good to see Ms. Sioux back and with a great album. I hope things get better for her, since her marriage to Budgie is over. Poor Siouxsie.



5. Fountains Of Wayne - Traffic & Weather
Pure pop music goodness.



There were other great albums this year and some not so great. There was also an absence of Elvis Costello, which makes me sad. The number one spot should have gone to him, but nope, he released nothing notable this year. I had hoped Duran Duran could have claimed the number 5 spot on my list, but Red Carpet Massacre just isn't worth the notice. I haven't listened to it much since its release. It refuses to grow on me. Emmy Rossum's debut is beautiful, but hardly rates making a Top 5 list....Though I think for honorable mentions Over The Rhine's Snow Angels and The Trumpet Child can get a nod.

0 comments: