Tuesday, December 18, 2007

One More Day Of Running

I'm going to the gym tonight and after that I have grocery shopping to do for the last minute stuff that we need for the holiday meals.

I've already bought out Rite Aid's candy department. I have Whitmen's Samplers and Russell Stover boxes, as well as Hershey's Pot Of Gold Truffles, chocolate covered cherries, candy canes. You name it, I've got it! Or at least it feels that way.

Last night I went to a wonderful little grocery/produce place in Perryopolis called the Big Barn. They have all sorts of Amish goodies; jellies, veggies, dips, sauces. I was in my heaven! I didn't even get to look at the deli. Maybe next time!

I bought some peach jam for grandma and cinnamon apple butter for us, as well as red pepper jelly, which is incredible on crackers or bagels with plain cream cheese. Mmmm. Tasty!

But my find of the night, wasn't a jelly. It was a jar of spiced apple rings. I was beginning to think I was the only person that loved these things. We used to get them all the time, and then they disappeared. I almost let out a whoop when I found them last night.

It's going to be a good Christmas.

0 comments: