Thursday, December 01, 2005

Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer

Last night they aired this familiar Christmas Special. It's always been one of my favoites. I don't know why. Maybe it's the music, maybe it's the Island of Misfit Toys. I don't know, but whatever it was, I found myself watching part of it last night.

Rudolph

It doesn't matter that the whole thing is cheesy.

It doesn't matter that it's very old-fashioned. (When Donner went to look for Rudolph he didn't want the women to help. Their place was in the home etc.)

Somehow neither of those things matter.

Perhaps what matters most to me is that the misfit managed to fit in. I know from childhood on, I've always been a bit of a misfit.(Ok I've been more than a bit of a misfit.) We all want to know we have a place in this world, no matter how wacky we are, right?

I guess that's why I love Rudolph so much

Rudolph

He's a misfit that managed to fit in. Maybe I will someday!

Christmas Cheer
Jewel - Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer

0 comments: