Sunday, December 04, 2005

A Few Key Lime Shooters Later

And you would think that I'd be blissfully out of it. I mean Key Lime Shooters aren't very different from Margaritas and after one of those I'm usually ready for bed, 2 I'm asleep in the car, 3 you have to carry me to the car.

No, I'm not much of a drinker.

And for those of you that want to know, I only had 2 and only because they were cheap.

After the week I had, needed something alcoholic. I can understand how some people can become addicted. If I thought it would take away my problems or stop me from thinking about them I would gladly down every bottle I could get my grubby hands on. But I'm fortunate enough to know that it's not as simple as that and life in a drunken stupor is no life at all.

I tried something different last night, to keep my mind clear, so I could stop thinking. I put on my mp3 player at bedtime. Mary does it with her ipod, so I thought why not. I had just made a Christmas playlist, so I figured it could be a good way to drift off to the land of nod.

I have to say, it wasn't comfortable sleeping with my earbuds in, but I don't remember much of what was on the playlist after Diana Krall's Count Your Blessings Instead Of Sheep.

I found that doing this really gave me the opportunity to listen to the lyrics of that song and maybe my mind took heed to the message of this song. No matter how bad things are and how much you're worried about things (And I worry a lot) things could be worse and you have to remember the good things in your life usually outnumber the bad.

Now if my mind could only grasp that concept. Until then, I think I'm going to sleep with my mp3 player on.

And now for Christmas Cheer!

Captain Sensible - One Christmas Catalog

0 comments: