Tuesday, December 27, 2005

When Does It Go Away?

Well, Christmas is over, now what do I do? I'm not ready to put away my Christmas music. I'm really attached to some of the music I discovered this year, particularly Cliff at Christmas and Diana Krall's Christmas Songs.

How can I stop listening to Mistletoe and Wine? How did I go all these years without ever hearing that song? Will I survive if I don't hear it until next Christmas?

The real question is how long can I listen to Christmas music after the holiday without appearing too insane?

Mind you, I'm already insane. That's a given. But I'm not ready for Bedlam yet.

It's quite possible that Cliff at Christmas is going to become another "December" for me. And we all know that The Moodies December is one album that I listen to all year round, regardless of it being a Christmas album, especially since I don't really have anything that Cliff's recorded that isn't a Christmas album yet. (And I could go on and on about how wrong that is too)

Perhaps its just that the music keeps the spirit of Christmas alive with me just a while longer, and I need that. Or maybe it just proves I'm still pretty much like a child, clinging to whatever bits of the holiday for as long as I can. I just don't want it to be over just yet. I just want a little more Christmas. Please?

0 comments: