Friday, December 23, 2005

Top 5 On Friday

It's the Christmas edition of my favorite meme from Music Memoirs!

Top 5 "Festive" Songs

This is going to be my only post today, because I have so much to do that it's nutty. So you're getting a bonus with this meme, not one but 5 bits of Christmas Cheer!

1. Danny Elfman - Making Christmas
Perhaps not festive in the traditional way but still...One has to appreciate the fun that comes from the film The Nightmare Before Christmas.

2. Cliff Richard - Mary's Boy Child
Go out and buy a copy of Cliff at Christmas if you can, his album is so beautiful, and so is he. (Prettier than Mr. Hayward)

3. The Moody Blues - Don't Need A Reindeer
This is the best Christmas song ever. I was going to post it tomorrow in my Christmas Cheer post, but I think it deserves the recognition. No one's Christmas should be without this song.

4. Grey Eye Glances - On Christmas Night
The third GEG Chistmas song. All of them are beautiful but this one and Our Own Place and Time are exceptionally so.

5. Barenaked Ladies - Elf's Lament
Everyone needs some silly songs for the holiday and this one is the greatest.

0 comments: