Sunday, December 18, 2005

Missing

I've been thinking a lot lately. Too much, in fact. I miss my Sundays with my mum and dad. Not that I don't spend them with my parents, just that now as mum is 72 and dad is approaching 80 we don't do the things that we used to do.

I remember on my off days when I worked retail, that mum and I would go off to the mall or just out and about. I loved that. I've always had a great relationship with my mum and dad. For some reason, I've been thinking about stuff like this a lot lately.

I miss how things were. It's bringing me a lot more tears and I've had a lot of them in the last few months. More than my share, I would say. But I can't help feeling this way.

I hate that it's hard for my mum to just go to the supermarket or Walmart, because her health isn't as good as it should be.

I hate that I'm powerless to do anything to really help her or relieve her of any of her burdens, rather I probably add to them.

I wish I could stop feeling so melancholy. Things aren't quite as bad as they seem and everything happens for a reason, even if that reason isn't clear at the time.

0 comments: