Monday, December 05, 2005

Survival

It's amazing what gets you through the day sometimes. For me it was thinking about coming home to my kittens and spending some quality time working on a story I've been writing for several months now and maybe just maybe reading a bit.

This weekend my survival tactic was sleeping with my mp3 player. I'm a bit wary of doing that during the week because I don't want to miss my alarm. The last thing I need right now is to be late for work.

Sometimes it's the little things that keep me going. Ok, almost all the time it's the little things that keep me going. Mostly because there aren't any big things out there for me to be excited over. Even Christmas isn't something that I can look forward to this year. Those two weeks are only going to be hell on earth for me.

Why?

Because the other girl in our office will be on vacation, and I'm somehow supposed to know all of my job by then. I don't think it's going to happen, but I'm giving it the best I've got.

I'm trying to live day by day with this job with the frame of mind that whatever happens happens, because I'm finding that it's not at all what I expected or what I wanted.

I guess we all make mistakes.

Now onto the Christmas Cheer!

Annie Haslam - It Snows In Heaven Too

0 comments: