Sunday, July 03, 2005

What a fun day!

I'm back from Wheeling and what a fun time we had! We saw the car show at Heritage Port.

There were some interesting classic and not so classic cars there.

This one




is one of my favorites.

The river was busy. There were speed boats, barges and ducks everywhere. It made for some interesting photo oportunities.



I never realized how well my zoom lens worked until I took a few shots of the speed boat and could really see the passengers inside. Oye!



Thank god for the ducks! One day I'll tell you the story about my childhood name for mallards.

But the real reason I was at this park was too get pictures of the Suspension Bridge. This bridge is probably the most beautiful bridge. Ok, not as pretty as the Smithfield Street Bridge in Pittsburgh, but it's unique. It's part of the National Road, which for those of you not familiar with that, it's US Route 40.



The bridge that runs parellel to it is part of Interstate 70. At night the Suspension Bridge is gorgeous, but so far I haven't really been able to get a good shot with the lights. I'm still trying to figure out some of the settings on my camera and nighttime shots are the hardest for me. I get some that are good and some that are awful.



I took that one a few weeks ago. It's not as good as I'd like it to be, but it's not as bad as the rest. I'll post more of my bridge pictures over at my photolog later. All in all, today was a nice day. Oh and I stopped at the mall to innocently pay my Kaufmann's bill...yeah, I spent more money on clothes. Bad me! Bad but very well dressed me!

0 comments: