Monday, July 04, 2005

Recommended Reading

I think everyone that's battled with their weight should be required to read this book.



It's a fairly short read, clocking in at about 342 pages. It's fast paced and funny. The story of one woman's attempt to become fit and fabulous on a reality show.

I think just about everyone will identify with the heroine, Kat the Brat. Her thin goals are much like everyone else's. When she gets thin...this and this and this are going to happen and life will be wonderful.

The trials and tribulations of a reality show as well as an online relationship that suddenly isn't online help her grow and accept herself and her body. Something we all need to do.

In the process of all this, she manages to lose weight, though she doesn't become the size 4 she longs to be, she also finds love in an unexpected place.

I found myself wishing the story would go on long after I had finished it. The characters were real and I could identify with each of them in one way or another. They were very real people. In fact, most of them seemed to be a bit like people I know.

So if you want to read something fun and entertaining, you can't go far wrong with this book. It's a perfect beach book or a lay out on a lawn chair in your yard book.

0 comments: