Tuesday, July 12, 2005

In Need Of Sleep

One thing I really don't like about working the morning shift is the time I have to wake up to get to work. 5:30 a.m. is just not my time of day. I'm not a morning person, I never have been.

It's quite possible that with this job I'm going to be turned into one, but I can tell you one thing, I'm not going to like it.

I sure hope that I have a chance tomorrow to get a few extra hours of shut eye, before I start running around doing those last minute things I need to do for the vacation.

I'm drained right now, and I barely got any sleep last night. Not fun. I have about a half hour to get dressed and ready to start today and I'm in no way near alive enough to contemplate putting clothes on. I want to stay in my jammies all day.

But it's not going to happen.

At least I will have a full paycheck next week because of these two days. I wonder if a small cat nap at 1 o'clock would help? Just a half hour nap? Nah, it would probably make me more tired, and than I'd get cranky. Not a good thing.

Here's hoping I can get through the day without falling asleep or killing anyone because of sleep depravation.

0 comments: