Friday, July 08, 2005

Top Five On Friday

It's that Music Memoirs Meme again!

Top 5 guitarists and your favorite song by each guitarist or his/her band.

OK, I've thought long and hard on this one. I'm going to salute the guitarists that the world ignores when they do their top lists.

1. Justin Hayward



Gorgeous and a guitar god as well.

The song? The Story In Your Eyes (You can't beat the guitar riffs in this song...)

Honorable mention: Question (Best acoustic guitar)

2. George Harrison



Picking a song for George is much too hard, because I love all his solo works as well as his music with the Beatles.

I'm going to pick Wreck Of The Hesperus from Cloud 9

3. Elvis Costello



Looks like EC took some squirrelly lessons from Mr. Hayward. Mr. Costello is better known for his songwriting, rather than his playing ability and that's a shame, because his really a good guitarist too.

The song I chose?

When I Was Cruel's first single: Tear Off Your Own Head (It's A Doll Revolution)

4. Andy Taylor (Duran Duran)



I'm chosing a solo song of his, because Take It Easy is just an awesome song.

5. Michael Nesmith



Mike along with Peter were the only "real" musicians in the pre-fab four. Oddly as I grow older, I appreciate his country flavored rock more and more.

The best song: Listen to the Band

Now I'll nod the exceptional guitarists like Clapton (who has gone all wussy and pathetic since the 80's) and Jimmy Page.

Oh and bass players are guitarists too. So you know I couldn't forget to post a picture of John Lodge, bassist extraordiare. (And lazy butt)



Best song? Don't ask me! I love em all, though I'll give mention to Steppin' In A Slide Zone.

0 comments: