Friday, July 22, 2005

It's Meme Day!

Two memes for you today. The first one is Top Five On Friday.

Top 5 songs that involve travel.

Tierney Sutton - Fly Me To The Moon

Annie Lennox - Walking On Broken Glass I absolutely love this song and the video.

Depeche Mode - Route 66

Erasure - Let's Take One More Rocket To The Moon

Justin Hayward - Night Flight (Let's hear it for 80's cheese!)

Next up is a meme I was tagged to do by Elena.

10 years ago - Was 1995, I was a junior in college and a rabid Duran Duran fan. I worked part time at a law office and didn't have much time for anything else. I was young (21), happy and content with life.

5 years ago I was working retail again, in a job that I quickly came to hate. I did have a great concert year though. I saw Duran Duran and Def Leppard on the same weekend, as I mentioned in Tuesday's meme answers.

1 year ago - I made my first trip to Atlantic City. Then I made another one in September. I saw the Moody Blues twice, once in Pittsburgh and again in Atlantic City on the same week.

My blog got it's Moody look last year. The photo used was one I took at the Atlantic City concert and I like an excuse to post it, because even if it is ole sherbert shirt, I love this shot of Justin. (So much so, that it resides by my bed at night)



Yesterday - I finished reading this book:



I worked on my latest story, A Winter's Tale (which I hope to have finished in the next week or so). Everyone that gets updates should have had 3 in the last 48 hours.

I started reading this book:

I'm addicted to the Stephanie Plum series, if I haven't made mention of that before. Other than that I stayed up past my bedtime to be traumatized by Elvis Costello and Emmylou Harris on Letterman.

Tomorrow - I'm going to work in morning as usual. After work I'm going to do the laundry and try to figure out what the hell I'm going to wear to Pittsburgh on Sunday for the Elvis Costello concert.

5 snacks I enjoy - Baked Lays Potato Chips, Frailinger's Creamy Mint Sticks, Cheetos, and Sarris Chocolate Covered Pretzels.

5 songs I know all the words to - There are a lot more than 5 I could list but if I must.

The Monkees - Daydream Believer
Herman's Hermits - Henry the 8th
The Moody Blues - Lovely To Sea You
The Beatles - Here Comes The Sun
The Beatles - Help!


5 reality television shows I watch - Sorry, the closest I got to reality TV was watching Hit Me Baby One More Time and that wasn't really a reality show.

5 television shows I watch daily - I can't say I watch any tv daily. But 5 of the shows I try not to miss are Law and Order: SVU, Crossing Jordan, CSI Miami, Access Hollywood (for giggling purposes), and One Life To Live

5 things I would do with $100,000,000 - OK, that'a a lot of money. But off the top of my head the first things I'd do would be:

1. Pay off my debt and probably some debt of my families
2. Follow The Moody Blues around on tour until they were convinced I was a roadie and just brought me along for the shows.
3. Four letters D K N Y
4. Two words: Mini Cooper!
5. Remodel the house

5 locations I would love to run away to
Atlantic City
Las Vegas
Toronto
London (When things aren't being blown up, please)
Monte Carlo (so I could runaway with a certain blonde resident)

5 things I like doing
Blogging (That's a given)
Photography - check out my photoblog for proof.
Writing - I've finished 2 novels and I'm working on a third, not to mention countless short stories.
Reading - I love a good book.
Listening to music - I like singing along too but my voice curdles milk.

5 things I would never wear
My bra as outerwear
A thong bikini (no one wants to see that!)
A micro mini (my legs aren't good enough)
Frosty blue eye shadow (The 70's have been over for a long time!)
Spiked heels (I can't walk on them. Chunky heels yes, spiked ones no)

5 recently seen movies I like - I haven't been to the movies lately. In fact, I can't remember what I saw last, possibly Lemony Snickett.

So how about 5 movies I like?

Chocolat
Van Helsing
Chicago
Moulin Rouge
Pirates of the Carribean

5 famous people I'd like to meet
Bernie Barlow, Annie Haslam, Simon Le Bon, Justin Hayward (again) and John Lodge (again)

5 biggest joys of the moment
Seeing Elvis Costello on Sunday
The possibility of another Moody Blues concert in October
My photos and my sister's photos from the Atlantic City Moody Blues Show



Today is payday
That my horrid nightmare about John Lodge was just that, a nightmare.

5 people to tag - I'm not going to tag anyone, but if you want to do this meme, leave a comment here when you've done it so I can come read your answers!

0 comments: