Sunday, October 01, 2006

Random 10 - Week 74

From the wacky ladies @ Music Memoirs

10 songs that sum up your weekend...or were on your weekend playlist...and one picture that relates back. (oh, and if you feel like it, tell us why you picked the songs you did)

It's been an odd weekend for music for me. I was out searching for the concert venue and parking in Uniontown today and yesterday I was out shopping for the cheap CD player. The music I listened to over the last 2 days has been ecclectic at best.

Tony Bennett & Elvis Costello - Are You Havin' Any Fun
(Someone uploaded this for me this weekend. I love it! I don't usually like Tony but oddly with EC it's an amusing combination. They work well together and the song is a hoot)

Tony Bennett & Diana Krall - The Best Is Yet To Come
(Did you think I would have one but not the other? I don't think so. BTW have any of you watched the commerical for the album? DK is in it.)

Rod Stewart - The First Cut Is The Deepest
(This opened the mix cd that I listened to on the way to Uniontown today.)

Martin Gore - Lost In The Stars
(I found an odd mix CD with this on it. I played it several times in the last few days)

Tommy James & The Shondells - Crimson & Clover
Tommy James & The Shondells - I Think We're Alone Now
(I was at You Tube rotting my brain)

Keri Noble - Let Go
(She was on the Winamp this weekend)

Gary Puckett & The Union Gap - Don't Make Promises
(Gary has a wondeful voice and he sings in a key in which I and the rest of the world aren't familiar)

Elvis Presley - Burnin' Love
(Tell Pickle to stop playing this song cos it gets stuck in my head all the damn time!)

Danny Elfman - Willy Wonka Welcome Song
(Don't ask, m'kay?)

And for the picture



I found this at the Rhino records site last night. I've been drooling on it ever since.

Can you say, Justin you've been replaced by a short silly bloke from a prefabricated pop band. Sorry Jus....but Davy was my first true love. He trumps all.

0 comments: