Monday, October 23, 2006

Random 10 - Week 77

From Music Memoirs

10 songs that sum up your weekend...or were on your weekend playlist...and one picture that relates back. (oh, and if you feel like it, tell us why you picked the songs you did)

Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind
This song is so gorgeous. I finally got a copy of the original. The only version I had before this was by the Broadway/West End actor, Michael Ball, who's version is lovely as well.

Three Dog Night - Shambala
Will someone please get this song out of my head please? PLEASE!

Tremblers - Green Shirt
Peter Noone singing "worange" makes me a happy girl.

Mike D'Abo - Handbags & Gladrags
(The original version of this song is awesome)

Manfred Mann - Ha Ha Says The Clown
Brilliant 60's weirdness

The Moody Blues - The One
I want to ask John Lodge who this song was about. It's one of my favorites from Strange Times

Brigid Boden - As Tears Go By
I was uploading covers songs for some people this weekend this was one of them

Solar Twins - Rock The Casbah
This was another one, a more strange one.

Elvis Costello - Running Out Of Fools
Someone made the comment that Neko Case did a better version of this song then Elvis Costello. I've bitten a hole in my tongue on that one. He may annoy me, but his music up to 2003 is flawless and even afterwards there have been some redeeming songs, especially on The Delivery Man.

Peter Cetera - It's Only Love
An excellent Beatles cover.

Now for the picture...another something that I found while googling this weekend, but not as scary as that last photo.



Young and pretty Justin Hayward, oh and did I mention squirrelly?

0 comments: