Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Finally, some snow!

The only thing I hate about snow is driving in it. So yesterday when I was getting ready to leave work and saw the first little flakes of snow that looked more like ashes from a bonfire, I was really excited.

Snow brings to my mind images of hot cocoa and hot cider, baking cookies and warm soups. It means that my tree will be back in Market Square soon. I can't wait to see that.

I imagine the Christmas windows in Downtown will change this year. Will Macy's do the same sort of thing as Kaufmann's or will they become even more boring then they already are.

I haven't been to town since Macy's completed the buyout of May Department Stores and I'm afraid for the beautiful and old store in Pittsburgh that's been there over 100 years.

Everything looks better with a little coating of snow, even sterile, overpriced stores. Our area isn't supposed to get more than a dusting but it helps me get in the mood for all the holidays that are creeping into each month.

Let it snow. Let it snow. Let it snow.

0 comments: