Monday, October 02, 2006

I Feel My Love Waning....

I didn't know that not having a concert by a specific band in a year could make me so apathetic in regards to news about them. OK, its not just a specific moody band, it's also another performer, both whom I've been obsessing on for the last 3+ years.

At least with the band I can still listen to their music and smile. I can even read an update by the tall blonde (ha!) one and grin when he says he's been writing songs and needs to figure out how to record them.

To that tall blonde squirrelly one...here's how to to that:

1. Call that cocker spaniel-like bass player and Father Christmas and see if they want to record an album under the band's name. When these two lovable wankers start putting the idea down, tell em to sod off and then call the cute cuddly replacements in. AND RECORD A BLASTED SOLO ALBUM. I'm sure Gordy and Paul would help, honest oh great squirrelly blonde one.

2. Pick up that red Gibson and or any other guitar necessary.

3. Head into a recording studio.

4. Play and sing.

Hmmm that seemed fairly easy, I wonder if it occurred to the tall blonde squirrelly one. Probably not.

But I got off track. The other performer whose wife is expecting twins does absolutely nothing for me right now. Even listening to his music doesn't even bring a smile. For the most part unless the song is from Punch The Clock or Blood & Chocolate I'm likely to skip it if the Zen decides to play it.

I'm sad.

These are my Top 2 bands/artists right now, and they aren't making me happy. In fact they are both making me angry. The Moody one with their crap touring schedule and a few other things of which being a bunch of lazy wankers is one, and EC for recording some pretty lame music lately, in my estimation. Ripping yourself off somehow is not my idea of brilliance.

This is a depressing time for me. My musical loves aren't doing it for me. I'm contemplating an affair with Oingo Boingo again, but my heart just isn't into it. I can't cheat on my other boys, but I can't love them like I should anymore.

0 comments: