Saturday, October 07, 2006

Quick and Easy Dinner

I cooked dinner with my mum tonight and no one died! I'm 32 and cooking is so not my forte.

Here's the recipe for Santa Fe Enchiladas (Burritos) Makes about 7 Burritos

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds of ground meat
1 medium onion
1 cup of water
1 envelop of taco seasoning
A package of of flour tortillas
1 jar of process cheese sauce or Chili Con Queso (8 ounces, 10 if you use bigger tortillas)
1 Can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles (optional if you use the Con Queso)

The recipe calls for browing the ground meat in the microwave but I find it easier to do it on the stove.

After the ground meat is browned stir in tomato paste, water and taco seasoning.

Spoon about 1/3 cup of meat down the center of each tortilla; roll tightly. Place seam side down in greased shallow 2 1/2 qt microwavable baking dish. Set remaining meat mixture aside.

In a separate bowl combine the cheese/con queso and chilis. Microwave on high for about 50 seconds. Pour over the tortillas.

Spoon remaining mixture down the center of the tortillas. Cover and nuke em on high for 4 to 4 1/2 minutes. Let stand about 5 minutes before serving.

I served them with Lipton's Mexican Rice and a can of refried beans. I had a nice fruity Arbor Mist White Zinfindel wine too. Yum.

Go ahead try it. It's tasty. If I made it...anyone could make it.

0 comments: