Friday, October 20, 2006

Top 5 On Friday - Week 94

This week's topic was brought to us by my friend SAP for the Music Memoirs meme

Top Five Worst Songs by Your Favorite Artist(s)

I've been trying to decide how I want to do this one. 5 bad songs by my favorite artist or one bad song by 5 of my favorite artists. Oh the brain cramp! It hurts me so.

I'll do one from five if you don't mind.

Justin Hayward - Marie
If I were Marie I think I'd throttle him for this one. It's just so boring and not very passionate. For crying out loud Jus, the song is about your wife, sing it like you really mean it, unless of course, Tom Petty's Zombie Zoo is more appropriate.

Duran Duran - Undergoing Treatment
I could have used any song from the Thank You CD which was their absolute worst, but those songs were covers and I didn't want to offend any of the original artists when they should be offended enough by the album. This one is from the almost equally awful Medazzaland CD. Duran Duran had a rough few years in the 90's. There are a few really great songs on that CD though, so it's not too bad. OK, maybe it is.

Erasure - Love Affair
I was hard pressed to find a song by these guys that I found to be truly awful and then I remembered this one. It's not that it's awful, so much as it's so sickeningly sweet. Listen to this one at the risk of giving yourself a mouthful of cavities.

The Moody Blues - Had To Fall In Love
Sorry Jus, you get the double whammy on this one. I kept thinking Words You Say and then I'd listen to it and grin. A song that I get so much pleasure from picking on can't be all that bad. Jus, should be lucky that I didn't pick Nights In White Satin. I truly hate that damn song, unless it's being performed live.

Elvis Costello - Let Me Tell You About Her
No! Don't! Please Don't! And while your at it, don't sing me any songs from The River In Reverse either. I wouldn't use those because most aren't written by him and I haven't been able to listen to any of that album objectively in ages.

Go ahead, download them. It's only your ears that will bleed!

0 comments: