Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Mornings are getting to be too much

My body's original time clock is really trying to force me into some misery. I'm a night owl. I always have been, but at some point in the last year I was forced into a start time of 7:30 a.m. for awhile and now 8 a.m.

That means to be functioning I have to be up at 5:30. Blech. No one should be up that early. It's unnatural. Especially as my job is only about an 8 minute drive from my home. But for some reason I need to have time to myself before I run out the door.

But lately I can't get into bed at a reasonable hour. Last night I managed to crawl into bed by 11. That's an immense improvement. I'd much rather be a little more awake when I have to be then wide awake at midnight when I have nothing to do. Not that there's a whole lot on my plate at the buttcrack of dawn either.

You would think that all the running around I do in the evenings would make me tired.

But nope. It only serves to make me more awake, when I'd much rather be curled up beneath the covers.

I've been dragging myself out of bed later now. Pretty soon I'll be waking up at 6 again, which is a more reasonable hour, but I'll be running around like a nut in the morning, which I don't like. I've become accustomed to having those twenty minutes to stare blankly at the computer.

Mind you I do that for 8 hours at work, but still, I like staring at my own computer. It feels so much nicer. Plus I get the added benefit of chasing my cats around in the morning, specifically the little black and white one that isn't allowed the run of the house yet. He likes to escape whatever room I have him in at the exact moment I'm naked. So I can't go chasing after him. Smart little cookie that Oogie is.

I wish he'd be more active at night so I could be tired at a reasonable hour.

0 comments: