Thursday, October 05, 2006

Thursday Thirteen



Thirteen Things I Like About The Month Of October

1. Hallowboo at Idlewild Park! I love the fact that the park is kid friendly even though I'm not a kidperson. I'm just not into the total fearfest that all the bigger parks seem to go for.

2. The Fall Flower Show at Phipps Conservatory. I love any excuse I can find to take pictures of flowers. I also love to walk around Oakland in the brisk autumn air.

3. New Christmas music. All the new holiday releases come out this month.

4. Halloween candy. Ok, I like all candy, but Halloween candy is the best! Give me my candy corn NOW!

5. Since Halloween is in this month I have an excuse to play Oingo Boingo more often than usual.

6. October is cheesy horror movie month. Bring on Dark Shadows! Bring on Van Helsing!

7. Midnight Syndicate soundscapes start showing up in local stores. Midnight Syndicate is to Halloween what Mannheim Steamroller is to Christmas, although Mannheim Steamroller has some great Halloween sounscapes as well.

8. Danny Elfman's film scores are in the air.

9. Fall foliage makes for lovely pictures.

10. Harvest festivals on the weekend at Trax Farms.

11. Fresh apple cider. Yum!

12. The celebration of beauty: Justin Hayward and Cliff Richard share Oct 14 as their birthdays.

13. Halloween!

0 comments: