Friday, October 13, 2006

Tomorrow's Concert Day

Tomorrow night at this time I'll be in my seat at the State Theater in Uniontown, PA waiting for Sonny Geraci of the Outsiders to go on. I will have had my picture taken with Peter Noone and I'll probably have Squeed myself into an oblivion.

I've had my tickets for this show for the last 8 months. I think it's ridiculous to have to buy tickets more than 2 months in advance of a show, but as I've mentioned, I've got 5th row seats, so I'm not complaining.

This is likely to be the last concert for me until next year. I go into semi-hibernation over the winter months. I hate traveling to the city in cold weather in my old clunker of a car.

Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits is my third concert of the year. My first was Gary Puckett of Union Gap fame and the second show was Davy Jones...aka the cute Monkee.

I'm 32 but I was raised on the music of the 60's. That's how I explain it to everyone that looks at me funny when they inquire about my love for The Moody Blues and The Monkees.

My brother is in his mid-50's and left a few of his Beatles records at our home. He's never seen them after that.

That's not to say I don't like current music. I do. I am very picky at what I listen to. I tend to go for more ethereal vocals now. Stuff from previous decades are across the board. I love Duran Duran, Erasure and Oingo Boingo...but also Chicago and Jimmy Buffet.

I can't explain what I like, except maybe to say "a classic pop song," but not everything I like is "pop" music.

Go figure.

I always knew I was unexplainable.

The countdown to Peter Noone day is at less than 24 hours! Squee!

And to celebrate...I give you a photo and a song



Herman's Hermits - Museum

(this song was written by Donovan) Snag this song. It's really lovely.

0 comments: