Friday, October 06, 2006

Top 5 On Friday - Week 92

From those ladies @ Music Memoirs (that would be me this time).

Top 5 (or possibly 7) Songs with Days Of The Week In The Title

I'm going to give you my favorite songs with each day of the week in the title. Most will have uploads for but one or two aren't on my computer so they may be taking the weekend off.

1. Jimmy Buffett - Come Monday
This is such a lovely Jimmy Buffett song. I swear Monday has more songs written about it, it was hard to decide. New Moon On Monday by Duran Duran was my second pic.

2.The Moody Blues - Tuesday Afternoon
My bet is this song is on a lot of people's lists this week.

3. Elvis Costello - Wednesday Week

I think the Undertones did a version of this song too, but it was in that period of time when all punk songs were interchangable.

4. David Bowie - Thursday's Child

This is my absolute favorite Bowie song in recent times. I loved the video for this one too.

5. The Cure - Friday I'm In Love

This song was so not the Cure. I used to have this on my hard drive but I can't find it right now

6. The Monkees - Saturday's Child

Herman's Hermits actually did this song first. Another runner up for this day was Chicago's Saturday In The Park, but I didn't want to listen to it and get it stuck in my head. Damn, too late.

7. Amanda Marshall - Sunday Morning After

Seriously this song is worth snagging if you haven't a copy of it. I think I've uploaded it before. Do it now! It's worth a listen. You'll be giggling by the time it's through.

runner up for this day: Morrissey - Everyday Is Like Sunday

0 comments: