Tuesday, August 01, 2006

ARGH! I Slept In

I got an extra half hour of sleep today, much to my chagrin. That's about the only thing this nasty heat is good for, besides melting. Sadly I only feel like I'm melting, rather I'm retaining every drop of water that I put inside my body! ARGH! I'm so sick of doing battle with the damn scale.

Today's going to be the hottest day of the year thus far. Yay! Blech! I'm not cut out for the heat. As soon as I lie down even if its just for a minute or two I'm in deep sleep mode, which explains how I got that extra half hour of sleep today, which I could actually keep if I wanted to. All I'd have to do is convince my body that wake up time was 6 a.m. rather than 5:30 a.m. however I can't see that happening, my body's become used to waking up at that ungodly hour, when no man or beast should be awake.

I'm actually glad I'll be going to work, because we have AC there which we don't have at home, so I'll at least be comfortable for those long 8 hours. I just hope both of my parents realize that they have to find a cool spot today during those really hot hours. People with breathing problems (aka father) and heart conditions(mother) should be upstairs in the air conditioned room as much as possible and if they won't sit up there, they should be inside!

Personally, if I were them I'd be in the bedroom sleeping the day away, much like I tried to do this morning.

0 comments: