Saturday, August 05, 2006

Another Crazy Day

Those of you that can read my livejournal know that my plans for a quiet Saturday went out the window. Ah well, such is life. I'm going to Washington, PA with my friend who I catsit for. I had promised to show her my pictures from Erie and what not and I hadn't been able to reach her for several weeks.

Hopefully I'll get a walk in today in between doing the laundry, grocery shopping for grandma and this. I know it won't take up the whole day, but it will feel like it will. As it is I'm running a bit late. Plus I'm trying to decide if I should send another CD on it's merry way via LaLa.com.

I've cut my CD want list down a great deal in the last few weeks and all for less than the price of one CD in a regular store. Yay for LaLa!

I've got to go through the files on my Zen tonight because I'm going to Idlewild tomorrow and I won't be driving. The sad part is I won't be able to keep the volume up high enough to drown out the metal heads that one of my traveling companions listens to. That will make the drive to and from the park a bit nauseating. Now mind you, there are some hard rockers that I like and did like in the past. I admit to having a fondness for the cheesy brand of hard rock done by Def Leppard and I often wanted C.C. Deville of Poison fame to do my makeup (when he wasn't drunk) so I shouldn't complain, but said person never listens to anyone else. I'm lucky there are Moody Blues CDs in that car for when I'm driving it. Which leads me to the most important rule of roadtripping.

He who drives picks the music.

I'd like to add another rule.

He who picks the music should be slightly considerate of those in the car with them.

That's a pipe dream of mine. But it's also a rule I try to follow. I seldom play CDs of a full band unless I know my driving companion likes that band.

So if I don't lose my mind from running around too much in the next 24 hours, I should be able to enjoy the waterpark at Idlewild, as well as the rides. Woot! That also means, PICTURES! Woot! Here's hoping I stay sane!

0 comments: