Monday, August 14, 2006

Dead Tired

The human body is not supposed to deal with amusement parks two weekends in a row. It's just not kind. It's fun, but not kind at all.

I really enjoyed Kennywood for the first time in ages. It's never been a particular favorite of mine when it comes to amusement parks. I love Idlewild for its small quaintness and Hersheypark for its excitement. Kennywood lags behind for some reason. Most likely because it wants to be one of those big parks, but it doesn't quite make it. It can't. It's stuck up on a hill above the Monongahela River sandwiched between West Mifflin and Homestead. Can you say, welcome to the ghetto?

My legs ache terribly and so do my feet. I think we walked the length of the park at least 3 times if not more, which is amazing considering the length of the lines for most of the good rides. The lines were so long that the only roller coaster that we went on was The Thunderbolt. It was long but that line actually moved. I was pretty sure if I had stayed home that I'd see the line for the Racer and The Jack Rabbit out my bedroom window! (And Kennywood is a mere 40 minute drive from my house :P)

My only consolation is that I took many many photos while I was at the park. So while I'm suffering with leg and foot pain today I can look at the pictures and remind myself of how pretty the park was.

If you want to see some fountain pictures, click here.

0 comments: