Saturday, August 19, 2006

One Two Three SCREAM

For the second week in the row I spent several hours in the ER with a family member. This time it was dad, AGAIN. His knee went out on him yesterday and he took a spill, before I got home from work. He fussed and whined and was generally a baby about it, until I forced him in my car to the hospital.

When he's in pain, he's no longer a robust 80 year old man, he's a rather obnoxious 2 year old. (And I mean that in the most loving way possible)

Many hours and several x-rays later we are sent home with super dooper pain killers and the need to see an othopedic (sp) surgeon. It seems there's no joint left in his right knee and he'll probably need replacement surgery.

This fall is so not going to be fun. Because of my two parents, my mother is really the stronger one. (This was not always the case) And as my father is the driver of the two, I'll probably be doing all the shopping/banking/doctor taking, which is going to be a huge issue, but one I'll have to overcome somehow, someway.

Keep all my family in your thoughts and prayers please.

0 comments: