Thursday, August 10, 2006

Thursday Thirteen



Thirteen things I'm looking forward to in the coming days, weeks, months....

1. Going to Kennywood for the first time in many many years. I've never really cared for this park. Mostly because of it's location on top of the hill in the West Mifflin/Homestead (read: ghetto) suburbs of Pittsburgh. The park is fun, but I think I like every other amusement park I've been to better.

2. Seeing Peter Noone in concert on Oct 14.



I love my badly dressed Brits!

3. Buying some more taffy at Frailingers in a few weeks. This year when we make our pilgrimage to the East Coasts land of lights and slot machines, we will have a cooler with ice! So I can bring chocolate home too.

4. Eating at one of the many yummy restaurants on the boardwalk

Like this one.



5. The new album by Diana Krall



I need to preorder this very soon.

6. The opening of the Tropical Forest Conservatory at Phipps. It's slated to open at the beginning of Nov! My camera and I can't wait.

7. Seeing the ocean again.



I love water!

8. One more trip to the Laurel Highlands to Ohiopyle and or Living Treasures.


9. Getting to see the Pier at Caesars in Atlantic City. It should be completely open by the time we go in Sept. Yay! Not that I can afford to buy anything there. Boo!

10. Egg sandwiches at this wonderful little spot on the boardwalk.

11. Taking the driving tour of the Washington County Covered Bridges, assuming we can afford to drive. GAH! Gas is supposed to hit 4 dollars a gallon in my neck of the woods by the end of summer. Looks like the fall and winter months will be very boring.

12. The cooler weather. I love temps in the upper sixties to mid seventies.

13. Hopefully being able to buy a new camera with 12x Zoom before Christmas.

0 comments: