Saturday, August 12, 2006

Frustrations

Today started out as a pretty good day. My nephew and I headed out to Trax Farms where I bought another hibiscus for only $6.50, then went to get some breakfast pastries at Panera Bread, after that we had lunch at Arby's, capping things off with a shared raspberry gelati at Rita's.

The trouble started as I got on the Toll Road aka RT 43 and my Service Engine Soon light came on aka Your Car Is Dying Light. It went out, but came on one more time while I was on the highway.

Not a good sign. Thankfully the car chugged it's way home, without giving out. Now I have to worry that it's only a catalytic converter, which my mechanic thinks it is, and not something larger. I can't afford anything else. Bernie the Beretta (named after Bernie Barlow) is about 17 years old and I can't afford another car. In fact I couldn't get a loan for a car if hell froze over and the devil co-signed for it with my soul as collateral. All I can afford if this car kicks the bucket is another 1000 dollar clunker. Nuff said. There is no Mini Cooper or Ford Focus in my future.

Oh and Blogger isn't in the mood to let me post my photos from Trax today. I got another lovely butterfly photo that I really want to share but everytime I try to upload, blogger says, I don't f-ing hardly think so.

ARGH!

I think I should probably shut the computer down and go to my room and curl up with a good book.

0 comments: