Friday, August 11, 2006

Top 5 On Friday - Week 84

Top 5 songs that you liked as a child that you still like now.

1. Memory from Cats: I'm pretty sure the version I listened to as a child was Streisand's version. This one is done by Elaine Paige who created the role of Grizabella on the West End. This song was always on WSSH back when I was little and needed the radio to fall asleep. I loved this song long before I became a fan of Andrew Lloyd Webber's musicals.

2. Daydream Believer - The Monkees: When I was 4 or 5 a local tv station, WPGH used to play the Monkees every afternoon at about 4 o'clock after the cartoons ended. I loved the show. I was going to marry Davy Jones. I'm still waiting for my proposal, in fact. Damn that man is slow!

3. No Reply - The Beatles: This song came from Beatles 65 or Beatles For Sale if your from the UK. This was the album I found and promptly stole from my brother, because it had another Beatles song that I've always loved, I'll Follow The Sun. I still have that LP too.

4. Karma Chameleon - Culture Club: The first time I heard this song I was at a roller rink for either a party or girl scouts. I can't remember which it was. My mum and I both loved this song. And thus began my hopeless crush on Boy George, of all people! This song will always make me smile and tap my foot. OK, it makes me bounce around the room.

5. Here Today - Paul McCartney: I bought Tug Of War because of the song Ebony & Ivory but there were two other songs I fell in love with after I had my copy. This song about Lennon is one of them, the other is Ballroom Dancing. (I love Macca sillyness)

0 comments: