Thursday, August 17, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen things that would make me a very happy girl right now.

1. A day off that didn't involve running around here and there or a trip to the ER. Just a nice day of relaxation. Hmm, even a day without the computer might be nice.

2. Those 10 odd pounds to go away as easily as they showed up. Damn those unexpected guests.

3. If my house would miraculously clean itself. I'd be happy to have a situation like that lady in Charlestown, WV that came home to find her house cleaned. Apparently one of the neighbors ordered a cleaning service and they had been coming to the wrong address! I'd like to direct on of them to my address!

4. One more hour of precious sleep. Granted I could give myself an extra half hour in the morning and it wouldn't affect much of anything. (I'd just start blogging in the afternoon again) The only problem is, my body really likes waking up at 5:30 a.m. Apparently my body is off its head.

5. The money fairy to stop by with presents. The car trouble set me back at the worst time. (Less then a month before the Atlantic City trip) Damn that Bernie!

6. I would love it if one of my next LaLa discs were ones that were a little bit hard to get a copy of. Oh the joy I would have if I could nab a Nick Lowe disc I've been looking for.

7. If I could actually work on a story I've been writing most of the year. I've totally lost interest. This has happened before, but I've always been able to pull out of my writing funk. This time, I just can't even bring myself to open the works document. I think it's my subconscious telling me this story sucks.

8. If I could do something by myself and not feel guilty about it. I've gotten to a point where I feel bad when I spend money because it could be used for bills or for my trip. I've given up on the concert for this Friday because even though the show is free I'd still end up spending too much money in Pittsburgh.

9. I'd pass out from joy if the Moody Blues announced an East Coast tour or plans for a new album. OK, I probably wouldn't pass out. If the later was announced, I'd probably have a heart attack.

10. The passing out would occur if Elvis Costello would finally do an album that I could listen to the whole way through and enjoy. This hasn't happened since When I Was Cruel for me. And I hate The River In Reverse more than I hated North.

11. And while I'm on the subject of albums. I would be gleeful if Duran Duran released that album that was supposed to be released this summer. For those of you not familiar with Duran Duran, when they say summer 2006 that usually means fall of 2008 at least.

12. If a certain friend that lurks around here would pick up the phone and give me a call. Jennifer knows who she is :P.

13. I'd love to come up with a photo opportunity that didn't end up costing me lots of money.

0 comments: