Thursday, August 10, 2006

Flower Shopping Again!

Ok, I caved. For years I've wanted a hibiscus. My hard drive is filled with multitudes of photos of hibiscus that are everywhere but in my yard. Well my parents went to Trax Farms in Finleyville and asked about the cost of a plant. Woot! They were less than 20 dollars and would be on sale this weekend.

OK, why didn't I wait? I know how Trax's selection ususally is at the end of the season. Sure they'd be cheap, but they'd also be picked over and probably not the color I want. I don't want a white hibiscus, however pretty they are. I want a colored one. One that will stand out. So I called Martin's in Rostraver. Double Woot! They had them too!

So for a mere $15.00 I brought home a huge hibiscus! I don't have a picture of the one that I bought. I made sure it was just getting ready to bloom, so it would last longer this season. I do have a photo of one that looks just like it.



More photos are on my photoblog. Go enjoy the floral beauty

0 comments: