Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The African Daisy

I was talking about my African Daisy yesterday, and Jill wanted to see pictures, so I'm going to post a few, because I'm still hot, tired and my brain can't function to type more than a few words.

Blech! Where's the cold front that was supposed to be here? Where is it?



That was one of the daisies at McShane's in Belle Vernon.



This is the one we bought.

After the first blooms fell off a few more sprouted up. Oddly they weren't as pretty, but then again our garden was full of other flowers and they might not have received adequete sunlight. That could explain why the pink looked so dull the second time around.




Usually you only get 2 blooms from these daisies, this year my pink one decided to make up for it's not so pretty 2nd bloom and it came back one more time.



Prettier than ever! I did have a red one and a yellow one this year. I wonder if the yellow one will come back for one final encore. The red daisy was a volunteer, so I'm just happy we got one bloom from it.

0 comments: