Thursday, June 24, 2010

You Know It's Going To Be A Bad Day

I woke up this morning with no water. None. Three people are in my house and 2 can walk stairs and none of them thinks to tell me this until I go to the bathroom and FLUSH.

I run downstairs looking for my father, because the toilet sounded like it was going to swallow me and take me down into the sewar with all the dead fishies and crocodiles and that's when my nephew calmly informs me that there was no water.

Thank you very much.

No water and I have 2 hours before I have to go to work.

The water comes on about 45 minutes later and it was all brown and icky. It was still that way 20 minutes before work.

As I told my friend, Jennifer, this morning, "Thank God for astringent and mouth wash" because I sure as hell wasn't washing my face or brushing my teeth with the stuff coming out of my faucet.

Fun times, my friend, fun times!

3 comments:

Deirdre said...

Oh gosh. I hate when that happens. :|

Mike said...

Luckily I've never had to deal with that.

rashbre said...

sounds positively icky. Has only happened to me in Egypt. But,,,