Saturday, June 05, 2010

Too Many New Releases

I think all my favorite authors and musicians got together and decided to torture me this month.

In music the list is huge:

Cyndi Lauper's Memphis Blues is out on June 22. I adore Cyndi and I try to get most of her albums. So needless to say, this one is already wishlisted on Amazon.

I'm really interested in hearing it too, considering she's working with the likes of B.B. King and Allen Toussaint. Who knows, maybe on her next album she'll work with Elvis Costello. Now that would be a very unique collaboration don't you think?

Sarah McLachlan is a goddess. I'm so glad she's finally doing a new album. (Of songs that aren't holiday-ish) The cover of this CD alone is stunning. From the soundclips I've heard on Amazon, I'm pretty impressed with the recording, which comes out on June 15th. I haven't decided if I want to preorder this one or wishlist it.

Then there's Andy Bell's latest solo effort, Non-Stop. I'm not thrilled with the cover, but the music is pretty good. I'm probably going to order it this week, as none of the stores I frequent will carry it. Andy is one of those artists that I must own all of his recordings. Its a crazy thing, I know, but I'm loyal to Andy Bell.

And then there's books. Janet Evanovich has a Stephanie Plum novel. And last month Dale Basye has released the third book in his Circles Of Heck series. I wish I had some time to devote to enjoying both a bit more than I do.

1 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

It seems you CAN have too much of a good thing.