Sunday, June 06, 2010

I'm Depressed

I went to the gym today to find out that I won't have a gym as of June 30th.

That's just gym-be-dandy.

Can you smell the sarcasm.

Even though I hate going, hate talking about it, I liked my gym. I felt comfortable and I could afford it. Four years ago, I paid extra for my 2 year membership so that my monthly fee would be $19.00

There's no gym that cheap.

Curves is over $30. The YMCA is out of my range as is the Mon Valley Health Plex in Rostraver.

So at the end of the month I will have nowhere to go to exercise.

Not a good thing at all.

Worse still, I've heard the owner got himself in a total financial mess to try to keep the gym open. That makes me doubly sad, because I liked him. I hate to think of someone losing everything over a business.

This sucks.

2 comments:

Bilbo said...

Try yoga and speed walking. We cancelled our gym membership recently because it was just too expensive and we weren't able to attend often enough to make it worthwhile. Maybe there are low-cost exercise programs through a local school, too. Good luck.

Deirdre said...

Aww, man, that's so sad. I hope he's able to eventually come back since it sounds like a really affordable place to go and you loved it there.

In the meantime, how about fitness dvd's? You'll never have any excuses after that! ;)