Thursday, June 17, 2010

Gord Is Gold

I'm trying to save up my Lightfoot story for the review I plan on writing a little later. Suffice to say the concert was fantastic. Gordon's voice is a little bit worse for wear after all his illnesses, but he still sounds good. His playing is also wonderful and after having a mini stroke a few years back, that's a very good thing. You can watch his hands on the guitar for hours!

I did get to say hello to him and get my Harmony CD signed. Facebook people should be able to see the horrid picture of me that was taken after the show. More on that in the review because I really could go on for hours about the impromptu meet and greet that happened last night in Greensburg.

There is one Gord related thing I want to say: He has a roadie/security/something that looks like a 40 something Justin Hayward. No joke! The guy has Justin's haircut, hair color and similar facial structure. That said, he's flipping gorgeous and I wanted to bring him home.

Oh and he didn't play Race Among The Ruins, but he did do Canadian Railroad Trilogy which is quite a treat, as he doesn't play that epic song as often anymore.

3 comments:

Bilbo said...

Glad you had a good time! I'll look for the photo on FB...

Jean-Luc Picard said...

It looks like you had a fab time!

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I'm glad to hear you had a good time :) even better meeting him too!